It’s so important to start the day off in a healthy way. That means a yummy nutritious breakfast.
One option is Soaked Oatmeal. The soaking is the important part. Oatmeal, like many grains, has an outer coating that makes it hard to digest and to get all the nutrients possible. However, if you just slightly prepare the oatmeal by fermenting it overnight, you can break down that coating and allow your kiddos gut to take in all the nutrition available.
It’s really easy!
• Simply pour a cup of oatmeal in a bowl and add enough water to cover the oatmeal.
• Next add a tablespoon of either apple cider vinegar, yogurt, or lemon juice to the bowl.
• Lightly cover and leave out on the counter overnight.
• In the morning, drain and rinse the oats.
• Add milk to a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
• Immediately turn down the heat and add other ingredients you might like such as cinnamon, nuts of your choice, raisins, etc.
• Stir and keep heating until the oatmeal is as thick as you would like.
• Serve with yogurt, milk, or on its own. You can sweeten with some maple syrup, honey, stevia, or xylitol.
• If you like blueberries, strawberries, or apples, etc. this is the time to add them. Stir them in and enjoy.
What will you put in your soaked oatmeal?